Making a World of difference
What does it take to have a positive impact on your family, friends, co-workers, managers and strangers?
I believe leadership plays a major role in influencing others. See why leadership is important by checking out this article.
Do you want to make a positive impact on your life and the life of others? If you do you are reading the write article. If you don’t, I hope I can give you enough reasons where you might considers changing your thoughts.
In today’s world, we can positively impact people all over the world. Our reach is truly global. Social medial has made it very easy to have a positive influence on others.
Today businesses, marketers, personal development coaches and regular people, like you and I, can use the technology in our hands and influence a change in people’s behaviors.
Are you beginning to see how you can have a positive impact on your life and others?
The Book – Positive Impact
The book, Positive Impact was written by Gregory Scott Reid and the late Charlie “Tremendous” Jones.
Originally, I purchased this book when I was a part of network marketing group but never really picked it up till a few years ago.
The book is not very long and it usually takes under an hour to read. The core values in this book teach many great lessons that can be used to influence greatness in others and yourself.
The story is about the positive impact a mentor can have in business, leadership and in personal life. The two main characters are Mr. Cam, a business owner, and John Bishop, an executive VP who has been very successful over the last few years.
John seeks guidance to take his current leadership, to a new level so he can better relate to his staff. Want to learn how to better communicate with your staff? Check out this post.
Chapter 01 – Treat Everyone Equally
- Everything I share with you, you must share with at least one other person. This helps spread knowledge and positive vibes to others.
- The most important think you can do is take time to talk to people. When people talk, you need to actively listen to them. This is one of the principle in the book, How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- The words beneath your name, on your stationary, really don’t matter. It’s is your character that matter. How you carry yourself, not your title or position.
Chapter 02 – We Are The Company We Keep
- The best leaders are those who are humble, care about others and take a genuine interest in people around them.
- Ready to make a major commitment? From this day forward, choose the company you keep. Today people try to steal your dream.
- Remember the wisdom in theses words. “Water seeks its own level.” Be like water.
- Treat people the way THEY want to be treated.
Chapter 03 – Be A Star
- Leaders make the best of their situations by having fun while they work.
- When someone starts a sentence with, ‘It’s not,’ they are usually trying to tell you, ‘It is.’
- When someone starts a sentence with, ‘I don’t,’ they are usually trying to tell you, ‘I do.’
- Master listening to what people are telling you, not just what they are saying to you. Read between the lines.
Chapter 04 – Mentoring Your Way to Million$
- If we are the company we keep, then we must do our best to keep a company that is having a positive impact in our life.
- The greatest success you’ll know comes from helping others grow, change and succeed.
Chapter 05 – A Positive Attitude Gets Results
- Remember, a positive attitude will not get the desired results every time. You will experience failure. A negative attitude will also not get you the desired results. It is your choice.
- A positive attitude will not win you the game but focusing on these 12 steps can help.
- Push through all adversities and setbacks you experience. Success is just on the other side of that.
- Unfortunately, we to many of us talk ourselves into believing ‘it’s’ never going to work for us. We tell ourselves the challenge is too great. We need to remember no challenge is too great for us.
Chapter 06 – It Doesn’t Matter Who Gets The Credit
- There is no limit to what a man or women can accomplish as long they do not care about who gets the credit for it.
- Every day in meditation we should reflect on these two questions. What is my purpose? What is the meaning of my life? Here are 25 reasons you should consider meditation.
- Look at your business as a business, rather than something you do day after day to survive.
- Sometimes words cannot express how you feel. It is important to show others how much you appreciate their advice, by applying it.
Chapter 07 – Wake Up and Live the Life You Love
- Many people will receive good advice from peers but very few people will understand how to profit from that advice.
- The secret to happiness is having all the parts of your life in order – physical, spiritual, emotional, mental and financial.
- Wake up and live the life you love. Stop living a life you are not happy living.
- Most people in business think – what is the least I can pay to succeed. Good leaders understand to have positive impact on others they must pay the full price.
- Money comes to you when you focus on providing value to others and doing what you love to do. Money will chase you, do not chase money. This is the secret of the greatest salesman in the world.
Chapter 08 – Welcome to the Family
- The only limitations we really have are those we set for ourselves.
- Always maintain a positive, solutions-searching attitude and you will find soon nothing will bother you.
- Live your life by the words you choose to use. Be an example and lead by that example.
- Do the hardest things on your list first. The rest will be easier as you cross items off.
- It’s better to invest time doing what pleases you, rather than waste time trying to please everyone else.
In the book, Positive Impact, from the moment John steps in the building Mr. Cams has his business, little does John know the life lessons have begun.
The only question is, as you read this book will you see the life lessons around you?
Are you going to take the success principles from above and apply them to your life? Will you take the time to develop the skills you need to become a successful leader, no matter the situation you’re in?
You can have a positive impact on your career and the career of others if you decide to get out of your own way. The best way is to learn how to work with different people, business segments and listen to what people are saying.
What did you take from this article and how will you apply the information so you can be a positive influence on others?
It’s your turn to make a difference. Share this article with people are looking for ways to make a positive impact.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below and check out other articles in this post.
Connect with us on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up for the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Want to read this book? Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase book and other items.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.