Who is in your Network?
How many networks do you belong to?
I would say you are in as many networks as you have friends, family and acquaintances. For some this means a small network while for others they have the potential to belong to a large network numbering into the thousands. Read this if you want to learn how to win friends and influence people in your network.
How is this possible you ask?
Each individual person you know is a network, even if that number is only two. The person you know, knows many other people you do not know.
The idea behind, 6 degrees of separation, comes from your ability to network and meet anyone you want, in the whole world, through somebody else.
This one concept allows people who enjoy network marketing or multi-level marketing to be a potential success. They can tap into your network and grow their online or traditional retail business. Here are 5 ways to shamelessly network your business.
The Book – Contact Capital
Author, speaker and life coach Bob Proctor, released the book Contact Capital in 2008. Although time has passed and other great books may have come out, contact capital has great advice if you’re looking to grow your business.
The information relayed in this book is easy to understand and apply. Anyone who reads this book or applies the information below can find success in their business or entrepreneurial ventures.
The brilliance of this book, is to utilize the network you have built. Apply the information to grow your company. Do more business to business deals in your city, country and internationally.
The book helps you manage your warm leads versus finding new cold contact to do to business with. Click the link if you to find new find new prospects to sell to.
When you work with people who know, like and trust you, it is easier to grow your sales, grow your social media presence, use your email list to reach out to potential customers and find ways to connect people in your network with other contacts and leads.
What You Need to Know
The book Contact Capital, gives you networking tips and tools. Only you can implement the ideas and concepts to your business.
If you are a part of a network marking group you may grasp the concepts because you may have heard your team lead mention them. Recently on UsingYourPower.com, David Andrew Wiebe and I, talked about the pro’s and con’s of joining a network marketing group.
If you are not in network marketing, not to worry, even employee, entrepreneurs and business owner will understand how and why they should talk to their current network before venturing out to look for new business.
The business solutions presented below will have you thinking about friends that you can call right now and pitch an idea to.
For many people, we do not see our friends as a database of names we can call if we want to sell a product or service. My goal is to help you see your friends as business partners not just dollar signs. If you want to build a successful mindset, read this.
Benefits of Contacting Your Network
Your business can make more money. You may have to answer a few more question because you are doing business with your friends but this is what builds a strong network.
It is time to take advantage of what is in front you. Calling on your network is low-cost and you don’t even have to attend networking events to collect business cards.
Trust me the friends who are in your network would prefer to buy from you rather than your competition. But you must believe it and then ask them for their business or support.
Chapter 01 – What is Capital and How is it Changing?
- Tangible capital is real estate, stocks and bonds, gold, manufacturing facilities and money.
- Your contact capital consists of a network of people you know personally or people you have connect with through a community, a club, church, school, work or networking event.
Chapter 02 – Tangible vs. Intangible Capital and the Winner is…
- Tangible capital helps you make interest on your investment.
- Intangible capital is receiving recognition and endorsements from businesses by utilizing the strength of the network you have built.
- Coca-Cola is an example of a lucrative intangible product. It uses branding to build a loyal following of people who only enjoy their product vs others.
- Anyone can earn millions a year based on the power of their brand name and personal character. Therefore, online business is so powerful. There is low barrier to entry, manufacturing, inventory and distribution can be fulfilled by someone else.
- As the world becomes more digital, interconnected and Global, intangible capital will continue to overtake tangible capital, in both influence and income.
Chapter 03 – The E-Volution of Capitalism 3.0
- Here is a fun fact. Capitalism, as we know it today in North American, has been around since 1776.
- In the early 1900’s, a college degree would almost guarantee a nice, secure middle management job with perks and pension. But since all the advancements in technology, this is no longer the case.
- The more hi-tech the world becomes; the more people will seek hi-touch experiences in the sales process. People want to do business with those they trust.
Chapter 04 – Facebook.com vs. Face-to-Face
- Keep this in mind, Google offered Mark Zuckerberg $1 billion for Facebook and he turned it down. Instead years later he bought Instagram for a billion dollars.
- Social networking is cyberspace’s version of a local hangout. It is where people go to take a break when they are at work, at home or out on the town.
- Nothing can take the place of face-to-face when it comes to important business protocols. Therefore, networking with those you know is so important.
- Something to considers. Humans don’t want hi-touch relationships, they need day-to-day hi-touch relationships.
- Without face to face relationships, the electronic world makes it easier to withdraw from the real world.
- The idea in the book contact capital is to use hi-tech tools to arrange hi-touch meetings with people in your network.
Chapter 05 – Welcome to the Age of the Entrepreneur
- Today more people are tapping into their entrepreneur roots and opening online businesses in record numbers. This trend will continue to grow as people do not want to report to a boss, they want to be the boss.
- Entrepreneur ownership means: You have the ability to make more money, have flexible hours, the right to pursue your lifelong dream, determine your own destiny by living by your own rules, being your own boss, having the ability to choose who your co-workers are, the right to work as hard as you want to earn what your worth, the flexibility to build a family legacy, having the tools to do well for yourself and growing personally and professionally to any level you wish to attain.
Chapter 06 – Referral Marketing: The Best Vehicle for Converting Your Network into Cash
- You can pick one or all three methods to grow your business: have a Start-up Business, purchase a Franchise or get into the ever-growing Referral Marketing space.
- Franchising takes the guess-work out of operating a business, but running a successful franchise come at a price.
- Referral marketing turns your current contacts list into an opportunity to do business with people you know.
- In today’s hi-tech world, all you require is a cell phone, a website and an internet connection. No longer do you need expensive buildings, employees and inventory to make a living. The tools you have available to you on the internet give you the ability to automate your online business.
- You should be the first to do business with your network. Someone, somewhere is going to reach out to your network and sell them a product or service similar to what your business offers. Why shouldn’t that “someone” not be you?
- Word-of-mouth is the best and most effective form of advertising ever invented.
Chapter 07 – How Others Are Making Cash on Your Contacts
- Did you know that 50% of people are “highly likely” to buy products or services based on word of mouth recommendations? That means when you tell your network about your products or services there is a good change your friends will do business with you.
- In 2008, direct mail was only 1/50th as effective as network marketing, yet your network is buying goods and services from others on a regular basis. I’m sure the number has not change much in 2017.
Chapter 08 – Endless Contacts
- Individuals in your network can contact other individual anywhere in the world by phone, text, e-mails or video calling.
- Social networks are so powerful because they offer shortcuts for expanding meaningful relationships with like-minded people.
- By cultivating relationships with individuals on someone else’s network list, you open the door to converting potential customers into ongoing sales. You can now access their network list. This giving you the possibility to have endless contacts in your database.
- The key to endless contacts is to think of your contacts as networks or a spider’s web.
Chapter 09 – Your Actions Speak So Loud I Can’t Hear What You’re Saying
- If five birds are sitting on a telephone wire and three of them decide to fly away. How many birds are left sitting on the wire? The answer is 5. They only decided, they never acted.
- As people keep buying and selling, producing and consuming this will continue to make our economy strong and vibrant. This is one reason Amazon is doing so well in the online space.
The book contact capital, is full of great advice. If you are looking to start a network marketing business or if you are looking to increase sale in your current business, you need to read this book.
If you are looking at network marketing as an option, we have so many options to choose from. Company such as Amway, Forever Living, Melaleuca, Avon, Herbal Life, Mary Kay and the list goes on have a product and a system for you to build your own business.
The multi-level marketing industry would like you to make money and help people you know do the same. In the end, you must choose if this business model is right for you.
If you are in a traditional business, you can take advantage of the friendship you have developed, by asking your network to try your products, service or ask them to advertise for you.
Either business model can work if you understand the power you have and how you can live a good life by just offering people what you have.
What one thing did you take from this article and how will you reach out to your current network?
It’s your turn to grow your business.
Do you know some business owners who could use the information here to build their business? I recommend sharing this article with them.
Please leave a comment below and let me know how you plan to grow your network.
Connect with us on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up for the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Want information so you can increase sales? Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase book and other items.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.