Manuscript Found In Accra Review
In the wise words of Paulo Coelho from the book, Manuscript found in Accra, “Difficulty is the name of an ancient tool that was created purely to help us define who we are.”
When you read this book you come on one lines like this that stop you in your tracks. You pause and reflect on the words of Paulo Coehlo. You can feel them impact you.
Some of Paulo’s most touching words and thoughts such as, “There are those who saw at once that the question was a trap; there is no answer”, Cause you to wonder what he means and how you can apply his words to your life.
Something that has been on my mind of late, and the mind of many others, is how to achieve my personal Freedom!
But then I sit back and wonder, What does freedom look like to me and what do I want to do with my freedom.
What Does Freedom Mean to You?
Everyone has a different definition of what freedom means to them. We have all experienced different things that have lead us to this moment. The moment being, you reading this post.
You are looking for something more in your life and I hope my definition of freedom can inspire you.
Freedom means to have the ability to do, try, feel, love, express and become the person I dream I can be. Freedom is living in a world where my mind, body and soul is not trapped by the weight of society and its expectations.
What You Can Take Away
The book, Manuscript Found in Accra, is loosely about a town that is about to be attacked. The people are scared and want answers to what the future will bring.
Each chapter is an answer to a question. One that you and I may often ask of ourself or our loved ones. The words are there to inspire you to live a life of love.
21 Lessons I Took Away
- One day we all have to set out on our own path. A path that will help us find our own way of facing death at the end of our life.
- On this journey called life, you will make money, spend money and lose money. You will have many adventures but there will come a time when you are tempted to not continue your journey.
- No one can destroy the knowledge you have. It is yours and even if society took everything that is one thing you will never lose.
- Everything in this Universe has a reason. Life, death, reincarnation, and resurrection are all part of the divine cycle of life. You do not have to see it to believe it. We just have to know it is.
The only person who can not be defeated is the person who decides to never fight for what they believe in. These people live a life of regret.
- It is important to spend time alone. This time allows you to gain the courage you need to understand who you are today and who you want to be tomorrow.
- So many of us in society live a life where we do not feel significant. We don’t feel we have a purpose. We live a life that is unfulfilled.
- Today the road ahead is one that is troubled and hard. Tomorrow the same road will become easier to navigate.
- Do not let the simple words of simple people around you destroy your self-confidence and self-worth.
Like all word, Love, is a word with no meaning until we give it meaning. Then we expect that meaning to hold true based on our needs, wants and experience.
- You and I must have the courage to put our feelings to works. Make a video, write down how you feel or share your thoughts with someone you love. Don’t hold back. Allow yourself to express how you feel. Dig deep and bring out your deepest, darkest and most amazing thoughts.
- Sometimes the stories we tell in our fantasies brings us a comfort like no other. The questions answered by science only leave us with more confusion and mystery.
- Each night try to imagine what someone else in the world is dreaming about at night. Put yourself in the hearts of others.
- Don’t deny yourself the love you deserve just to show others how much you love them.
Each day see the beauty in everything. Even when a lion is chasing his pray and as the pray runs away there is an elegance that can be seen in how the animals move.
- Love everyone the same and share your knowledge about life with them.
- Ask yourself , “Is your soul at peace with all the decisions, good or bad, that you have made thus far in life?”
- You can I must wake up the love within ourselves before we can go out and awaken the love in others.
- We have the ability to master the thoughts, inactions and that voice that says you can’t do it.
Your most dangerous enemy in your life is the enemy dressed as a fake friend.
- Do not allow yourself to play victim to life. It decreases the courage one has within.
After reading the book, Manuscript Found in Accra, it is my opinion the one thing we need more in this world is love.
We need to learn to tolerate others and accept people for who they are. We should remember we are not better than anyone and no one is better than us. People were born to be equal in each other’s eyes.
Everyone has a weaknesses but if we love people, you and I will forget about their weaknesses. We can change people’s lives when we do this.
Many times we need to focus on encouragement, empowerment and giving positive energy to others. This makes the world better around us better for everyone.
You and I must put ourself in the shoes of others to understand their perspective. Only then will be let our egos go and embrace our fellow human beings as equals.
It is my belief, according to Paulo Coelho, love, understanding and acceptance without judgement is the only key to a successful and happy life.
My belief is, this is the life we will take to our grave. Our soul will be full of love, memories and will remain peaceful until it returns in another form, in another body, to re-experience the greatness of love.
Will you start today and show everyone around you love?
Please leave a comment below and let others know you plan on doing this.
Don’t just imagine change! Please share this post with others and in the comments below tell others how this post helps change you.
What actions you will take and what do you hope to achieve by implementing those actions?
Help other see they can change the world around them.
If you would liked this post about, Manuscript Found in Accra, here are some additional reading to inspire the life you want to life. I recommend you read the following posts below as a place to start:
Tibetan Book of the Dead Review by Maveen Kaura
Measure of a Man Review by Maveen Kaura
The Alchemist Review by Maveen Kaura
Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose Review by Maveen Kaura
Warrior of the Light Review by Maveen Kaura
Founder and CEO, Discover Your Life Today
Maveen has built his career in Banking, Insurance, Home and Automobile Sales. Providing exceptional customer service is his passion. Writing is a way to share his knowledge and help change the lives of million of people. Like the Facebook Page to support him.