Every day most of us wake up wanting to make healthy food choices. Unfortunately, there is so much information that we tend to get lost in all the health and fitness noise.
Every where you turn you and I are told we need to eat a well-balanced diet, exercise, drink plenty of water and get good rest.
A well-balanced healthy diet includes, Carbohydrates, Fats and Protein. If you work out or as if you are over the age of 40, you realize the importance of protein to build or support muscle.
Commercials on television, food guide charts and health professional tell us that healthy food choices should include meat and dairy.
This includes red meat such as beef or pork. White meat such as chicken or turkey. The same industry tells us we should be eating 1 to 2 serving of fish per week.
For dairy, we are to believe milk, cheese and butter are health for us in moderations. These products are full of protein and fats.
Does this sound familiar to you? You and I have also heard this growing up through the school system, from our friends and co-workers.
What the Health
Recently I decided to check out the documentary, What the Health, on Netflix. It looks at and talks about how the food we consume each meal could be killing us.
The documentary looks at how the meat we eat and the dairy products we consume are making us sick. It looks at how pharmaceutical companies and major corporation, are behind all the health issues we suffer today.
So, is the food we eat really killing us? How could this be? We not told by experts on what we should be eating to live a long and healthy life.
While watching the movie, I took some notes from the movie as well as I wrote down some of my own thoughts, that I share below:
Why We Should Cut Meat and Dairy
- Did you know 350 million people worldwide live with diabetes?
- Fatty food and sugar can cause diabetes and weight gain.
- More than 66% of North America is overweight or suffer from obesity.
- Obesity due to our diet, is the cause of diabetes, cancers and disease.
More people today go online to self-diagnose. Websites like WebMD are their main resource for information.
- There is a link between red meat and the possibility that it is a cancer causing food.
- The consumption of animal meat is the cause of our health problems, not carbohydrates.
- We need to consider why doctors prescribe medication to us with no hesitation but never focus on the food we eat, exercise, stress or the lifestyle choices we make.
- Did you know certain foods will cause inflation in our body within a few moments of consumption?
Did you know chicken is pumped with salt when it is being prepared for grocery stores?
- Chicken and eggs are high in cholesterol.
- Please note that the yoke of an egg is to sustain the baby Chicken. It is pure fat and cholesterol. The compounds that make the yoke coat our red blood cells in fat.
- We need to understand that the animals we eat are full of toxins.
- Animal milk is for animals of that species, not for humans to consume.
Milk and meat products are the biggest cause of health problems in children all the way to adulthood and into old age.
- Did you know cheese has morphine type effects on our brains?
- Consider the fact 80% of pharmaceutical are sold to farms for animal uses. These drugs become our final digestion.
- Many people believe that the government only cares for corporate profits and not the health or well-being of its people.
- These is a connection between doctor and hospital profits and food companies.
- There is a wide believe that Government agencies promote fast food companies who sell meat and dairy products.
Why Consider a Vegan Style Diet
- Did you know PLANTS make protein Not ANIMALS?
- Consider this fact, the strongest animals on our planet eat plants not meat.
- Too much protein if your diet can cause diabetes.
- It’s better to eat a plant-based diet like many vegans.
- There have been many studies of people who say after eating a plant-based diet for 2 weeks their physiology has changed.
- We need to look at superfoods and plant-based diets for healthy options not meat and dairy.
- Making healthy food choices can help you lose weight, get off medication and become healthier over a short period of time.
- There are many professional athletes who consume only a plant-based diet. They are strong and pain-free.
Healthy Food Choices
I believe we need to wake up and open our eyes to the truth. The food you and I are eating is killing us slowly every day!
The meat we consume is being injected with growth hormones, given steroids, the animals are kept in cages, most animals live in their own filth and when the animals are brought to slaughter they release all their stress hormones.
By the time the meat of dairy product hits the grocery shelf, all the bad compounds are ready for our dinner plate.
With all the fitness coaches, healthy apps, social media posts and misinformation it is any wonder why the public is confused about healthy food choices?
One study says meat and dairy is good for you. Then another study comes out contradicting the first study, and so on.
We hear about the low-fat, high fat, no fat, low carb, high carb, slow carb, high protein, low protein diets not to mention all the different diets plans there are out there just waiting for us to try.
You can join Weight Watchers, Atkins and even follow the diet of your favorite celebrity on your social media of choice.
We all need to take a good look at our food and diet choices and ensure we are eating foods that will not harm us.
I have health goals and I believe you do also. No matter what your goals are I know as you read this, you want to live a long, healthy and disease free live.
As 2018 begins, my goal is to stop eating meat and dairy for good. Cutting out meat has been on my mind for the last few years. After watching, What the health, I know cutting out diary was a good idea also.
I am not going to accomplish this by going cold turkey. Sorry about the bad pun.
I am eliminating one item from my diet every few weeks and looking for alternative replacements. I am considering options that are not only Soy based.
If you are looking for a place to start your health journey I recommend checking out a few different articles.
We need to ask ourselves are big companies, medical journals and fund-raising charities all a part of the health care cover up?
Do they all work together to ensure we as a human species stay sick and unfit to live well into our golden years.
I would love to have had a chance to talk to all the people who make up the oldest varied humans to ever live. I would love to see what their diet was. What was common and what was different.
Have you ever wondered how charities or health organizations get the funds they need to operate?
Did you know millions of dollars are being donated to health organizations and charities by major corporations?
The same corporations that are producing meat and dairy products, for our consumption, are telling charities and health organizations to promote their product back to us.
So, is our food poisoning us? Myself and others believe, yes, it is.
As I sat down after watching, What the Health, I wondered why fast food is so cheap and why does the price not really move with inflation.
I believe fast food is cheap and remains affordable because meat and dairy companies subsidize the cost of the food. This is way it continues to be affordable to people all over the world.
Do you agree or disagree our food supply is making us sick?
Leave a comment below and check out other articles in this post to help you on our health journey.
Connect with me on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up to the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Want information more information on living a dairy and meat free life? Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase books and other items to help you learn and explore.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.
Founder and CEO, Discover Your Life Today
Maveen has built his career in Banking, Insurance, Home and Automobile Sales. Providing exceptional customer service is his passion. Writing is a way to share his knowledge and help change the lives of million of people. Like the Facebook Page to support him.