Learning with Bill
Bill Britt become one of the wealthiest Multi-Level Marketing business owners in history. Although not everyone will agree with everything he said or did, he proved to be a savvy businessman.
I joined the Amway business opportunity in my early 20’s. After trying the Amway business model and purchasing many Cd’s and tapes I decided the business was not for me.
After leaving the business I decided to hold on to a few of the tapes and cd’s by Bill Britt. I kept 6 that we recorded by Bill and Peggy Britt.
Recently listen to them, as I was doing some spring cleaning of stuff I no longer use. I decided to give them one more listen before I listed them for sale on eBay.
After listening to the wisdom Bill has on the tapes, I realized it would be valuable to tell people what Bill taught from stage. Many people do not know of the positive message he conveyed in many of his talks.
It is unfortunate that many people do not know who Bill Britt was. He started from humble beginning and over a 40-year career in network marketing become a Billionaire.
If you are part of Amway or any other Multi-Level Marketing business, you may have heard of Bill Britt. You can learn more about Bill in this link. I wrote a comprehensive article on the life of Bill based on talks he gave from stage.
What Bill Thought from Stage
I have listed all 6 tapes I listened to and what the major take a way were from each tape. My hope is that you can learn from what Bill thought and use that he said to better your business and personal situation.
Bill and Peggy Britt – It takes guys to succeed (Talk 1981)
- It takes guts to make good things happen.
- What are you committed to in life?
- School teach people to not get what we want.
- School does not teach us what we need to know.
- Society says, your too old at 40 and younger people will replace you.
- Women are not happy being married too broke men.
- Want to learn how to be broke? Stop thinking for yourself and watch television.
- The Problem in American is most people do not have a dream anymore.
- High taxes decrease the productivity of the people.
- Behind every successful man is a woman, sadly sometimes it is not his wife.
- You experience happiness when you help others get it what they want.
- It takes guts to walk the walk, not just talk.
- If I can do it, then you can do it.
- Act on your dreams. You never know where you will end up in the end.
- Give without expectations.
- Friends make you rich not money.
- Pay the mental price not just the physical price.
- The room is always at the top of the pyramid never at the bottom.
Bill Britt – There Has to Be a Cause (Talk 1985)
- Most people don’t know there is something more to life other than what they are doing.
- See the potential in all business opportunities.
- To many people “dumb down” their ability for the comfort of a guaranteed paycheck.
- Work with companies who have good guarantees.
- Have good moral values by standing on the shoulder of giants.
- No one is perfect but do you stand for?
- Be predictable and dependable for people.
- Grow the weakness of the team.
- Help the team grow from their weaknesses.
- No matter what your age, be excited about your future.
- Help people become successful and you will also become a success.
- Have a personal cause bigger than yourself.
- Are you the lead dog or the dog that follows the pack?
- Are you fighting for causes you believe in?
- If you want to destroy someone, destroy their self-image.
- We need to talk more about business, politics and religion. These topics expand the mind.”
Bill Britt – Father Power (Talk from the 1990’s)
- Don’t put importance on material goods.
- Life life with a purpose for God, Family and Business. In that order.
- Having a team in business is like having a family to be responsible to.
- Father power is the morals ethics you teach your children so they can pass those good qualities forward.
- In the network marketing business, you can have team members grow faster than the leader.
- Look at people as your kids not machines, employees, or lesser than you.
- Be humble and forgive people. Be slow to anger.
- The strength of the family is based on father power.
- The family unit has been attacked since the 1970’s.
- The son becomes the father and the father teaches his son to become the leader of the next generation.
- All fathers want the best for their kids even if they don’t them face to face.
- All men want to belong to something. They want to live for a cause.
Bill Britt – Hungry (Talk 1992)
- What is your why and why do you want to succeed?
- Set the right example for others to follow.
- Franchise and teach others how to do the same.
- Wear different hats so you can focus on the right things at the right time.
- Are you hungry enough to go after your dreams?
- Don’t allow others to have dreams at your expense.
- If the best is not good enough for you, then what is?
- The view is the same for everyone at the top of the mountain.
Bill Britt – Fulfilling Your Destiny (Talk 1990)
- Make residual income to find freedom.
- Get out of debt and own your own time.
- Be the proper spouse to your partner and a better parent to your kids.
- Give to charities – Time, Money and Good Deeds.
- Friendships are important in life.
- Find people who you can mentor and people who will mentor you.
- How do you become big? You start little and grow.
- Education yourself. It’s your responsibility.
- Read, listen and associate with people every day.
- Guard what goes into your mind.
- Don’t let anyone steal your dream. No matter what it is.
- Get focused and do the important thing. Stop doing all the unimportant things in life.
- You have the right to be a success and stand for what you believe in.
- Are you the masses or are you an individual who will succeed?
- You can become anything you want in life.
- Give people answers from your examples, not just your words.
- Learn how to handle life’s challenges.
- Success in your own hands, not anyone else.
Bill and Peggy Britt – I Will Not Be Denied (Talk 2003)
- Find a business that can be done by both partners in the marriage.
- Pay the price and put in the long hours you may need for success.
- Learn the principles to be a better business person.
- It’s stressful for a real man to have a boss.
- We must choose to pay the price of success.
- Don’t read the newspaper. It is only the opinions of broke people.
- The power is in your words.
- In the school system, we learn from people who are not millionaires, on how to become a millionaire.
- Have positive self-talk or affirmation which you say to yourself each day.
- Faith and God are not thought in our school system.
- Success is not complicated.
- It’s easy to be a problem rather than a solution.
These 6 tapes are just a snippet of what Bill Britt thought from stage. There are well over 40 recorded talks he did from stage.
If you want you can find them on eBay and may be able to purchase them from the BWW.com website.
You can learn a lot form a man who had strong opinions about religion, politics and success.
What one idea or quote did you most enjoy by Bill Britt? Leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to hear the impact Bill has had on people after his death.
Connect on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up to the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Don’t just imagine change. If you need some inspiration, come back every 30 days and re-reading the article and applying the information.