Thought of the Day: March 22, 2018 – Being Predictable
Is there any benefit in being predictable?
I believe there is a benefit to having a daily routine you follow each day. This routine allows you to get things done, be on time for important meetings and have a system that works for you.
Your pre-planned system allows you to do the same thing over and over. This way you know the desired results you are hoping to achieve.
For many people, this is not a bad way to go through life. But at what point does repeating the same thing become boring?
Does your predictable behavior give you less of an advantage over the long run?
Have you considered doing something different to get different results? Do something that is not predictable in your behavior.
You can start by doing something small. If you want to, take me up on this challenge and try all of 10 things I have listed below. Tell me which one you liked doing the most and which one took you out of your comfort zone.
- Brush your teeth with the opposite hand
- Take a different route to work
- Buy the person behind you inline a coffee
- Listen to a podcast and turn off the music for a week
- Join a group based on your hobby
- Go for a walk after dark
- Call someone you have not called in a while
- Try meditation for a week
- Try a cleanse or fast for one to three days
- Turn off all electronic devices one hour before bed
It is important to not fall in to repeating patterns. How do you know if your routine is predictable?
Founder and CEO, Discover Your Life Today
Maveen has built his career in Banking, Insurance, Home and Automobile Sales. Providing exceptional customer service is his passion. Writing is a way to share his knowledge and help change the lives of million of people. Like the Facebook Page to support him.