Divine quotes help change the way we think and perceive the world. They have the ability to enhance our mood from negative to positive, if we take the time to understand the wisdom in the words.
They have the power to improve your happiness, provide acceptance and can cause you to take the actions you need to.
Over the last 20 years I have read many books and I have complied 100’s of quotes that I have enjoyed. These divine quotes have given me insight and strength when I was at my lowest point over the years.
Read these divine quotes for yourself and find the inner peace you may be looking for. Quotes from the Lao-Tzu, Buddha, The Tao Te Ching and Thich Nhat Hahn will guide you to a deeper understanding.
25 Divine Quotes
- Surrender yourself humbly; then you can be trusted to care for all things – Lao-tzu
- If you don’t find a teacher soon, you’ll live this life in vain – Bodhidharma
- The sound of the water says what I think – Chuang Tzu
- The Wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials – Lin Yutang
- I am myself. The other is simply something else. I am what I am.…. That is all – Swami Prajnanpad
- May not one take muddy water and make it clear by keeping still? – Lao-tzu
- Be vigilant; guard your mind against negative thoughts – Buddha
- Thought which is well guarded is the bearer of happiness – Buddha
- A mind that is burdened with the past is a sorrowful mind – Krishnamurti
In my relations with men, I listen to their words, but I look to their actions – Confucius
- Beyond the white clouds a blue mountain. A traveler goes beyond that mountain – Zen saying
- The Great Way has not gate; there are a thousand paths to it – Wumen
- Only fools seek power, and the greatest fools seek it through force – Tao Te Ching
- You are what your deep, driving desire is – Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
- Before receiving, there must be giving – Lao- tzu
- If you do not get it from yourself, where will you go for it? – Zen saying
- When understanding is born in me, compassion is also born – Thich Nhat Hahn
- You cannot carve rotten wood – Confucius
- The sage does not accumulate for himself. The more he gives to others, the more he possesses of his own – Lao-tzu
Thus, when we feel a desire, but we are unable to realize that desire, we undergo a reaction we call suffering. What is the cause of desire? I am, only me. As a result, I myself am the cause of all the suffering that I have known – Swami Vivekananda
- Words can travel across thousands of miles. May my words create mutual understanding and love. May they be beautiful as gems, as lovely as flowers – Thich Nhat Hahn
- Quiet the outgoing mental restlessness and turn the mind within. …Then you will see the underlying harmony in your life and in all nature – Paramahansa Yogananda
- The best memory is that which forgets nothing but injuries. Write kindness in marble and write injuries in the dust – Persian Proverb
- Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them – Zen Saying
- Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will be blunt. Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about people’s approval and you will be their prisoner – Lao-tzu
Check out Quotes:
- 13 Quotes That Help You See More Opportunities
- 7 Quotes To Empower Winning Without Intimidation
- 15 Quotes To Give You Strength
- 15 Optimistic Quotes To Dream Big and Overcome Fear
- 50 Amazing Quotes By Founder Maveen Kaura
- 25 Spiritual Quotes To Develop A Better Understanding
Founder and CEO, Discover Your Life Today
Maveen has built his career in Banking, Insurance, Home and Automobile Sales. Providing exceptional customer service is his passion. Writing is a way to share his knowledge and help change the lives of million of people. Like the Facebook Page to support him.