Master Positive Persuasion
Bob Burg published his book, Winning Without Intimidation, in 2005. Throughout the book, Bob uses examples from well know authors and speakers to convey his message of winning without intimidation.
I believe you and I, along with many world leaders, could use the knowledge in this book to connect and find common ground when disagreements come up.
The quotes in his book will help you master the art of positive persuasion. They will allow you to learn how to have conversation with people where both parties can feel as if they won.
The quotes below will encourage you to look at each conversation you have with millennials, entrepreneurs, employees, employers, business owners, co-workers, friends and family and find ways so everyone can be winning without intimidation.
No one want to feel as if they have lost so use the knowledge in this book find common ground so everyone can be a winner.
When we try to intimidate people, we create animosity and a lose-lose situation. Negative feels creep in and the ego of both parties can be hurt. When the ego is hurt it will do whatever it take to get back at the other person.
The 7 quotes will help you see why it’s important to create win-win situations even when there seem to not be one available.
Winning Without Intimidation
- “Manipulation aims at control, not cooperation.” – Dr. Paul W. Swets
- “One of the single most powerful things you can do to influence others is smile at them.” – John L. Mason
- “Know what you want, know who can give it to you, and know how to get it.” – Milo O. Frank
- “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” – Dale Carnegie
- “I have found that the best way to get another to acquire a virtue, is to impute it to him.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “A mighty person is one who can control their emotions and make of an enemy a friend.” – Simeon ben Zoma
- “Most people in a conflict situation haven’t taken time to figure out what they want themselves, much less what the other person wants.” – Dexter Yager
Which of the above quote spoke to you the most and why? Leave a comment below and tell me how you will implement this quote to your daily practice.
Connect with us on Facebook and do not miss new weekly articles. Sign up for email updates and be one of the first to receive our new articles first.
Here is other resource you can use to empower yourself and others around you. You can find ways to win without intimidation. These resources will give you an all-around understanding of what the quotes form above mean and how to apply them.