The Greatest Salesman in the World
Do you have the desire to be the greatest salesman in the world? Well ok maybe the world is to big. Let’s start at the company you run or work for.
When you pick up the book, The Greatest Salesman in the World, you read on the front cover, “You can change your life with the priceless wisdom of Ten Ancient scrolls handed down for thousands of years.”
These Ten Scrolls are ten principles. Take the time to understand them and live them every day. You will accomplish anything you set your mind to. Focus on your goals, dreams and towards the future.
Og Mandino’s, book first published in 1968. Forty-seven years later and the success principles thought in this book are still very relevant. The Greatest Salesman in the World is an easy read and can be read by most people in a day. The 110 pages contain a story that is very relatable. The writing style keeps you reading till you flip through the book and find yourself at the end.
Lets go through the book page by page and I’ll point out only the success principles that will be helpful from each chapter of the book.
I would recommend reading, Do You Agree With The 5 Pillars of Leadership, for principles of a strong leader, click here.
Principles From The Greatest Salesman In The World
- All the success, happiness, love, peace of mind, and wealth that I enjoyed is directly traceable to what is… Click To Tweet
- Set some goals.
- Desire to improve your position in life.
- As a sales man for you can acquire wealth and success.
- No other trade or profession has more opportunity for one to rise from poverty to great wealth than that of salesman.
- True wealth is of the heart, not the purse.
- Victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.
- Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough.
- Review how others sell when I cannot.
- Control the thoughts in my mind. Do not allow myself to be or get negative.
- With time, practice and patients you become better and learn how to sell to everyone.
- The more I give to others of myself, the more I will receive.
- Keep my goals close and review them often.
- Memorize every word on every scroll until they become a part of my thinking.
- Combine what you learn with the experience you acquire.
- Have the courage to step away from the crowd
Scrolls From The Greatest Salesman In The World
Scroll 1 – Develop and realize good daily habits
- Failure no longer will be my payment for struggle.
- Accept the past as the past.
- Practice the art of patience for nature acts never in haste.
- Today’s success is not tomorrows success.
- Good habits are the key to all success.
- Read out aloud.
Scroll 2 – Love and respect people, situations and nature around me
- Welcome obstacles for they are my challenges
Scroll 3 – I will persist till I success
- If I continue to try, I continue to charge forward, I will succeed
- One step at a time is not to difficult
- Each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt
Scroll 4 – My unique qualities make me a success when used correctly
- None can duplicate my brush strokes, none can make my chisel marks, none can duplicate my handwriting, none can produce my child.
- I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain.
- Put my full attention to what I am doing at the time I am doing it. Do not get side tracked.
Scroll 5 – Live life in the present moment
- Live life everyday to the fullest
- Do not focus on yesterday defeats
- Is there a purpose in nature?
- Fear I will dismember with confidence.
Scroll 6 – Master my mood and emotions
- I bring joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter to my customers they will reacty with joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter.
- Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions.
Scroll 7 – I will laugh and not be serious all the time. Every situation will pass
- No living creature can laugh except man.
- I will laugh at my failures and they will vanish in clouds of new dreams.
- Only with laughter and happiness can I truly become a success.
Scroll 8 – Learn to multiply my value by setting goals
- I too must nurture my body and mind to fulfill my dreams.
- Set goals for the day, the week, the month, the year and my life.
- Always announce my goals to the world.
Scroll 9 – I will take action on my goals
- My procrastination which has held me back was born or fear.
- I can condition my mind to perform every act necessary for my success.
Scroll 10 – Pray, meditate and ask for guidance
- My life need not be filled with religion in order for me to recognize this greatest mystery of nature.
- I pray for guidance.
The Greatest Salesman in the World is a great read and should be review once a year. As you grow you will pick up on principles you did find the first time. As you follow the principles in this article you will grow, change and notice your thoughts becoming clearer.
Each principal should be seen as a separate goal. When combined with the other principles they will help you achieve any dream you have. Applying principles from Monday Morning Leadership will add additional level of success. Click here to find out more.
Start by applying scroll 1 for 30 days. Then add scroll 2. This means you follow scroll 1 and 2 for 30 days. Then you should continue by adding an additional principal every month or when you are ready.
Now its your turn to make a difference. Share this life solution. People are looking for it on your favourite social media platform. It’s easy to do and a proven fact your inner circle wants to know what you know.
Leave a comment by telling us what one principle did you use today. How was your first 30 days?
Check out other articles and don’t forget to tell your inner circle about DiscoverYourLifeToday.com.
Connect with us on Facebook and do not miss new articles. The secret, sign up for email updates.
Don’t just imagine change. What if it was as easy as coming back every 30 days, rereading the article and applying the information. Start selling and making more money.