Not long ago I decided to reread best-selling novel The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. I first got this book as a gift from a friend and since then have read the book once a year.
From the first time I read the book, I like many others, could not put it down. If you have read the Alchemist then you can relate.
The story follows a boy named Santiago. He does not want to live a life of mediocrity, rather he wants to life a life where he can follow his dreams. His dream is to travel to the Great Pyramids in Egypt.
Along the way, he meets many people who encourage him to follow his dreams and fulfil the desire of his heart.
The Book – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
While read the book, The Alchemist, I decided to write questions, thoughts and ideas I had while reading this life changing book by Paulo Coelho.
I hope the combination of 55 questions and statements below will encourage you to think deeper, aid you in perusing your own dreams and cause you to take the action.
If you have not read the Alchemist, my hope is that you will pick up this book and follow the message of this wonderful book.
- Are you becoming accustom to your life, or is your life becoming accustom to you?
- Why do we allow ourselves to believe the negative things, the little voice in our head is saying to us?
- Why is it that so many of us walk away from our dream when we realize what it will take to accomplish it?
- Do you feel the things you are attached to, need you as much as you need them?
- Who are you entrusting with your dreams? Are you putting all your trust and hopes in a believe that someone else will help you accomplish your goal?
- How do you see the people? Through the eyes of what is happening or through the eyes of what you believe is happening?
- When everything in the world seems like it is against you, how will you react to the situation? Fight or Flight!
- When you hit rock bottom, will you get up once again and start your journey all over? Will you continue your journey wiser?
- Do you live with the consequences of your mistakes in the consciously and/or subconscious mind?
- If everyone could achieve their goals, goals would lose their value. With that said will you continue to pursue your goals? I hope so.
- You have the ability to connect to the divine in yourself and you have the power to connect to the energy in all living things.
- You can learn from people, animals and things if you allow them to be your teacher.
- To many of us become sheep in life, we follow blindly without questioning why we are doing it.
- Don’t focus on the negative, focus on the positive aspects of what you have today.
- You must follow your own path, not the path other would like you to follow.
- There is great power is having the ability to translate the messages God sends us in our dreams.
- If you do not pay the price of success today, you will pay a larger price in the future for the same success.
- Sometimes we take stories from books and people we know and make those stories our own. We tell them as if we had that experience.
- People spend time in our lives because we need a solution, an idea or we need to see the truth in what we are doing.
- We must learn to recognize the beauty within us. To find it you may need to chisel away the things you do not like about yourself.
All too often we devote all our attention to the unimportant and miss out on the beauty of the world that surrounds us.
- When you become aware of your surroundings you also become aware of everything that happens around you.
- What you learn in one area of your life, can be used to navigate another area of your life.
- It’s never too late to change with the changing times.
- Many times, in business and in your personal life, you must show your value to others before they give you a chance.
- From time to time revisit your goal and calculate how far you might be from accomplishing those goals.
- While some people are comfortable with life, you cannot be if you have a dream truly worth chasing.
- It is sad but true, some people do not want to accomplish their goals. Just the thought of having a goal provides meaning to their life.
- Listen carefully and learn to recognize opportunities when others speak.
- People say we must learn to change with change but all too often we don’t know how to make the changes that will help us be successful.
Learn to recognize the good that is similar in each person you meet.
- Keep something in your pocket that you can pull out and hold as a constant reminder of what your goals are and why you want to accomplish them.
- You must use your intuition and connect with the energy of the universe.
- Many times, we believe it is important to keep our mind busy to be successful. The truth is sometimes all we need to do is understand our surroundings to find the same success.
- In our work, we can find clarity about many things, including things that don’t seem important to us in the moment.
- The universal journey everyone takes is different. We all learn different things but all end up in the same place.
- When you do something, put your whole heart, mind, body and souls behind the actions of doing that one task. Do not get side tracked by other unimportant tasks or thoughts.
- In silence, you can learn all of what the universe wants to teach us, on every subject.
- We are all in search of our ‘Personal Treasure’. What that treasure is, one may not know, except it is the reason we continue to search.
- When you and I understand that we are all connected, we will then realize the universe wants all the same things for us.
The fear of failing or succeeding keeps many of us from reaching all the goals we have set in our hearts.
- When we are faced with tough decisions, it is important to pause, take a few moments and think about those you love and those who love you.
- On the way to completing your goals and dreams, you come to a point where you believe you have completed your journey. When you get to this point, realize your journey is only beginning.
- In life, you cannot be afraid to fail or to try. If you are afraid, you will have to take another birth and come back to try again.
- Buddha was right, to understand the world, first you must understand an ant, a grain of sand or a leaf. When you can understand your relationship with each you will be enlightened.
- During the journey towards your goals and dreams, you will be tested to see if you truly deserve what you have worked so hard for.
- When we take a few moments to quite our minds and reflect on our lives we begin to realize that everything has been working in our favor.
- In your search for Gold and the finer things in life, don’t forget that ‘Silver, Copper and Iron’ have value. Don’t let your vision cloud your understanding.
- Only in love, and with love in your heart, can you truly understand what love is.
- Everything from a grain of sand, an ant, a butterfly, a horse, water, fish, wind, trees ext, has a purpose. It has been put on Earth to fulfil its own destiny.
Alchemy is understanding how everything on earth works together, needs each other and can’t survive without the other.
- Our soul is the Soul of God. The universe understands how to communicate with us and we must learn to listen to the universe so we can communicate with God.
- Always be thankful for what people give you. It’s not too much or not enough. It’s the perfect amount.
- The things that bring you to tears are the deepest emotions of your heart and soul.
- In life people will give up on their goals and dreams. They will even tell you that they want to complete their life’s vision. If their dreams align with yours, you can make their dream your dream after you have completed your quest.
The Alchemist will teach you about the power within you to accomplish anything you desire. Take the lesson I learned from reading this book and apply them to your life.
You will spark a flame that burn to accomplish more than just working a 9-5, Monday to Friday job. The spark inside you will not want to work 40 hours a week for the next 40 years for someone else. Rather you will desire to work on your own terms, for your own goals.
The Alchemist and the story of Santiago’s journey, will show you no matter what challenges you face, you can ask the universe for anything and it will conspire to work for you.
Which of the 55 questions or statements do you agree with most? Leave a comment below and check out other.
Connect on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up to the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Want to own the Alchemist? Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase books and other items.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.
Don’t just imagine change. Bookmark this page and come back every 30 days, reread the article and continue to apply the information and answer the questions.