Positive Impact For A Better Future
Are you ready to make a positive impact? Can you see how awesome your life could become?
Positive Impact was written by Gregory Scott Reid and Charlie “Tremendous” Jones in 2006. Originally I purchased this book when I was a part of network marketing group. Click the link to check out a podcast.
This book can take under an hour to read and many great lessons can be learnt from it.
The story is about the positive impact a mentor can have in business, leadership and in personal life. The two main characters are Mr. Cam, a business owner, and John Bishop, an executive VP who has been very successful over the last few years.
John seeks guidance to take the leadership, he currently has, to a new level so he can better relate to his staff.
Chapter 01 – Treat Everyone Equally
- Everything I share with you, you must share with at least one other person.
- The most important think you can do is take time to talk to people.
- The words beneath your name, on your stationary, really don’t matter.
Chapter 02 – We Are The Company We Keep
- The best leaders are those who are humble and care about others.
- From this day forward, I will choose the company I keep. (referring to people)
- Water seeks its own level.
- Treat people the way THEY want to be treated.
Chapter 03 – Be A Star
- They made the best of their conditions by having fun with them.
- When someone starts a sentence with, ‘It’s not,’ they are usually trying to tell you, ‘It is,’
- When someone starts a sentence with, ‘I don’t,’ they are usually trying to tell you, ‘I do,’
- Master listening to what people are actually telling you.
Chapter 04 – Mentoring Your Way to Million$
- We are the company we keep.
- The Greatest Success we’ll know is helping others succeed and grow.
Chapter 05 – A Positive Attitude Gets Results
- A positive attitude will not get the desired results every time, but a negative one surely will.
- A positive attitude will not win you the game.
- Keep pushing on through all adversities and setbacks.
- We talk ourselves into believing it’s never going to work, the challenge is too great.
Chapter 06 – It Doesn’t Matter Who Gets The Credit
- There is no limit to what a man can do so long as the does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
- What’s my purpose? and What’s the meaning of my life?
- Look at your business as a business, rather than as something I live to do.
- Words cannot express it. Show us how much you appreciate the advice by actually applying it.
Chapter 07 – Wake Up and Live the Life You Love
- Many receive good advice but few actually profit from it.
- The secret to happiness is having all the parts of your life in order – physical, spiritual, emotional, mental and financial.
- Wake up and live the life you love.
- Most people in business think – what the least I can pay.
- Money comes to you when you focus on providing value to others and doing what you love to do. Money will chase you, do not chase money.
Chapter 08 – Welcome to the Family
- The only limitations we really have are those we give ourselves.
- Always maintain a positive, solutions-searching attitude.
- Live your word- lead by example.
- Do the hardest thing first- the rest will be easy.
- It’s better to invest time doing what pleases you, rather than waste time trying to please everyone else.
From the moment John steps in the company Mr. Cams runs, the life lessons begin. The only question is can we see the life lessons around us? Are we going to take success principles and apply them to our life so we can also find the success we are looking for in our life? Develop skills to help you become more successful.
You can have a positive impact on your career and the career of others if you decide to get out of your own way and be the best you can be at work.
Now its your turn to make a difference. Share the solution people are looking for on your favourite social media platform. It’s easy to do and a proven fact your inner circle wants to know what you know.
Leave a comment by telling us what one tip that you will apply to your daily routine and why.
Check out other articles and don’t forget to tell your inner circle about DiscoverYourLifeToday.com.
Connect with us on Facebook and do not miss new articles. The secret, sign up for email updates.
Don’t just imagine change. What if it was as easy as coming back every 30 days, rereading the article and applying the information. Start making a positive impact everywhere you go.