Do you know the true cost of freedom? For us living in the free world it is going to work 8-12 hours a day while others fight wars to ensure we can continue to live the life’s we want.
Is freedom having two days off a week to enjoy our family, friends and hobbies? In the article, Duality, it talks about our struggle to understand the choices we have.
The question is, is freedom free or is there a price we need to pay to get out of this losing system we are all a part of?
As you and I both know, nothing is free. So, this leaves us with an understanding that we need to attain our freedom. But how?
What Does Freedom Mean
Let’s look at what freedom means before we understand how to get out of the losing system.
In mid 2000, when I was in network marketing group, I had an opportunity to listen to Bill Britt. He was a billionaire in the Amway business opportunity. Bill told people how he got his freedom through the business.
Although Bill Britt has passed much of what he said was recorded from stage so others could understand his message of freedom. Click the link to understand more of what Bill Britt spoke about from stage.
The message was clear. If you want your financial freedom you need to control your time and money.
What Are You Getting Your Freedom From
If you ask most people in the free world they will tell you they are free. They have the freedom to choose where they go, what they do and who they do that with.
But ask the same person when they have this freedom, most will tell you it is on the weekend. They will also tell you they have a two or three week vacation each year.
These days off and vacation time is from work and the stress of their job. Most do not know how to cope with stress, so work offers them time off so they can reenergize.
You have time off, what do you do? Stay home or travel.
With all the war in the world, it is hard to believe that freedom can be easy to obtain. You do not have the full freedom to travel anywhere you want or for the length of time you want to.
I believe, we can get our freedom from this losing system but it will not be easy. There are many factors that come into play. It is important that we try to answer this question for ourselves and find our own freedom, whatever that means to us.
What’s Happening Today
Look around and you will see people who are living the lives they want, by their rules and on their own agenda. How do so many people get their personal freedom while many people will work till the day they die?
At work, we are told if we work hard we can one day get a promotion and the company will take care of us. This message is not true can we can see this on the new every night. Another company lays of people as it tries to hold on to profit margins and market share.
Even the banks, who make billions, lay off staff as the money is not enough to satisfy stock holders. Click here to read and read how to build a better world without the banking system.
In January 2017, President elect, Donald Trump took office and officially become president of the United States of America. He party will deal with low oil prices, the world economy and US economy
Make America Great Again is the slogan Donald Trump used to win the election. Makes me wonder, how far back we have to go, to make the country great again?
Will we have to go back to the Regan era? Maybe we will have to go back to 1933, where the United States had Roosevelt as President. Perhaps the era where Abraham Lincoln or George Washington were in power. What era do we have to go back to?
What’s Wrong with Society Today
Look around you. You know there is something wrong but you are not sure how to go about fixing it. Every time we turn on the television, check our social media streams, look at the local newspaper or even talk to others we hear the doom and gloom of the world.
If we are paying attention we start to see we life in a dream stealing world. Every day our freedoms are being taken from us and we do not see it. Instead of focusing on the important conversation many people are taking about reality television shows, game shows, sports and other various entertainment.
Most people are so tired of hearing about terrorism, oil prices, the economy, global warming, inflation and job loss. That they allow the government to make all the decisions on what needs to be done and they continue to go to work just as they did the day before.
Tune in Elsewhere
Many of you have discovered the power of podcasting. Podcasting is the ability own your own radio station on the internet. It gives you the ability to talk about anything you want and the ability to develop an audience who agrees with what you are saying.
Many people have left their day-to-day job and are pursuing what they are passionate about. Part of their passion is developing a following around common believes.
They have embraced the free enterprise model. This model of economic, if done correctly can provide you freedom and start the process of getting you out of a losing system.
Some of the top podcasters I choose to learn from are today’s top entrepreneurs. People like: Joel Brown, Pat Flynn, Donald Kelly, Steve Chou, James Schramko, Michael Hyatt, Tim Ferriss, Neil Patel and Tony Robbins.
They all stopped worrying about the what others though about them and worked on create a business that matches a life style they wanted to create before they die. They are all following their dreams and many of them have a six figure or larger income doing what they love to do.
The Book – Freedom Tide
I believe the essence of what is written in the book, Freedom Tide, is why people in the United States, and all over the world crave freedom.
If you and I understand the foundations and principles our country was built upon, we can then understand the direction that we need to go. Rather than the direction we are currently going.
I believe if we study what is going in on in the world we will see we are deep in a system that is not meant to help us rather in slave us.
I ask you to consider the points made by myself and Chad Connelly, the author of Freedom Tide, with an open mind.
Chapter 01 – Why Am I Here?
- After 9/11 a patriotic wave of unity swept across the United States and other parts of the world.
- What if we could decide to make more money and a difference in the lives of others, instead of just rolling thought life?
- At some point in our life we must ask, “Why am I here and what am I supposed to do with my life?”
- Our desire to make a difference can lead us to start our own business. This is Free Enterprise System. Working for yourself rather than working for someone else. This is the Capitalistic System.
- Know when we entered the corporate work world, our beliefs and dreams are suppressed as we must do what our boss wants us to do.
Chapter 02 – Chance or Providence?
- A counties strength is, and always has been its people. The same goes for the companies we choose to work for. It is also the same if we own an independent business in the free enterprise system.
- Chad says, nowadays, it seems that many of us don’t know our history and we spend less time learning about it.
- Many people assume that they learned all they needed to know in high school or university. Very few people pick up a book after the age of 25.
Chapter 03 – What Did the Founders Say?
- If you are in power, then you get to decide, and the people must contend with a flexible, man-inspired idea of absolute power.
- The American constitution believes that God gave us life and gave us liberty to do and become who we want to be.
- Billy Graham quoted, “If God doesn’t soon punish America, he will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.” This is an interesting quote as Billy Graham, a respected man of God, is implying American has committed many crimes against its people.
Chapter 04 – What Does The First Amendment Say?
- James Madison stated, “The civil rights of none shall be abridged because religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established.” This is an interesting statement by a founding father. If you look at what the current government is going you will see it goes against the standards set.
- The Founding Fathers knew that a country founded without Godly principles and absolutes would not survive long term. Even if you do not believe in God, most people believe in having good morals.
- William James said, “There is nothing so absurd, but if you repeat it enough people will believe it.” Just turn on CNN. It is all day new channel that is repeating the message “they” want you to know. The view point is one sided. The more you hear it the more you believe it.
- The moral and societal decay is linked to people becoming indifference and failure to investigate the facts on their own. We have become a nation of people who want to be told what we should believe.
Chapter 05 – Liberal or Conservative: What do they mean?
- To truly make a difference, we first should decide where we stand on important issues. Before you decide, get both sides of the story, not the one side we see on television every day.
- If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything you are being told.
- Today’s liberal believes are that more government interjection, the better. But, as government gets bigger, individuals inevitably lose freedom. This happens because the government needs a way to control people.
- Small businesses and independent businesses owners drive the economy in every country. Any time you see a recession or the economy hit hard, you see new businesses develop.
Chapter 06 – Where Are We Now?
- The best business strategy is to find a need and fill it. It is always best to reach out to those close to you for business.
- Author Gil Bailie said, “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Freedom isn’t free. The fight today seems to be largely internal in the hearts and minds of the people. We as a global society know something is wrong but do not know how to get together to fix the problem.
- No economic system is perfect, but free enterprise is spreading all over the world and allowing people to take advantage of being their own boss.
Chapter 07 – What is the Alternative to Free Enterprise?
- Chad believes the only alternative to free enterprise is Communism and/or Socialism. If we do our own research, then we can challenge this thinking or agree with it.
- Carl Marx had it right when he observed that government intervention in the economy would lead to more government intervention in our lives. Today the banking system is partnered up with the government to ensure our freedoms are out of our reach.
- Everything the government gives to the people, it must first take from the people by taxing us.
- The only worthwhile job security we have is customer security. Therefore, when you have your own business you work harder for yourself. You understand the customer is the life blood of your business.
- We need to think about the greatest good we can do for the greatest number of people.
Chapter 08 – Why Stand Here Idle?
- We as a collective society need to adopt a new kind of believe system. If it’s to be, it’s up to me.
- If we become complacent, we lose our freedom and go the way of so many other societies before us.
- The goal is to inspire people to become more involved and to truly participate in the arena of sharing ideas and bringing down the system that is enslaving our freedoms.
- Doing what it takes to make a difference often means you’ll have to do the opposite of what the crowd is doing.
- We need to realize that most people will seek the easy way in life. The ones who make a difference seek the right way.
In the book, Freedom Tide by Chad Connelly, he goes deep and explores some of the most important historical documents in American history. Hearing about the documents is not enough. Chad said we should know what is written for ourselves.
We need to think big picture and take our eyes of ourselves. There is more to our happiness, our life and the world than we currently understand.
We should all be thinking about going out and making a difference in the lives of other people. This will give you the freedom you crave. All around us we know we see things that are not right but still we feel powerless to help, so many of us don’t.
We can be inspired to live a mind-blowing life if we get involved in our communities. It is time to apply the principles and make the world a better place for everyone. Don’t wait till the next natural or man-made disaster to help those in need.
What one thing did you take from this article and how will you apply the information to find your freedom?
It’s your turn inspire other to find out that they are also in a losing system. Share this with others on your favorite social media platform.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below and check out other articles in this post.
Connect with us on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up for the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
I recommend anyone interested in history, economics and freedom to pick up Freedom Tide. It is an easy read that provides example of other books and documents to explore. Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase book and other items.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.