Is freedom really free? This is a question we have all heard. What does freedom mean? Money? Time or a combination of it?
With all the war in the world, it is hard to believe that freedom can be easy to obtain. Look around and you will see people who are living the lives they want, by their rules and on their own agenda.
How do so many people get their personal freedom while many people will work till the day they die?
I believe this question is not easy to answer and there are many factors that come into play. It is important that we try to answer this question for ourselves and find our own freedom, what ever that means to us.
What’s Happening Today
Donald Trump won the US election and took office on January 20, 2017. He will have to deal with low oil prices, the world economy and US economy and apply his campaign slogan to each working day in office.
Make America Great Again. Makes me wonder, how far back will we have to go, to make the country great again?
Will we have to go back to the Regan era? Maybe we will have to go back to 1933, where the United States had Roosevelt as President. Perhaps the era Abraham Lincoln or George Washington were in power, was the best times for the United States?
What’s Wrong with Society Today
Look around you, right now. You know there is something wrong but you are not sure how to go about fixing it. Every time we turn on the television, check our social media streams, look at our local news paper or even talk to others we hear the doom and gloom of the world.
Most people, not everyone, will focus their conversation on what is happening around them, rather than what good they are doing in the world. Every time we turn around we are hearing about Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Terrorism, oil prices, the economy, global warming, inflation, job loss, music and sport entertainers.
Tune In Elsewhere
Many of us have discovered the power of the podcast. The ability to tune in to people who have perhaps left the day-to-day job world and pursued their passion.
They have embraced the free enterprise model. This model of economic, if done correctly can provide you the freedom. What is freedom? It is the ability to control your time and have money coming in, so you can choose if you want to work for a boss or not.
When I tune in to podcasts I look to learn from todays top online entrepreneurs. Joel Brown, Pat Flynn, Donald Kelly, Steve Chou, Farnoosh Torabi, Michael Hyatt, Tim Ferriss and Tony Robins are just a few of the people I enjoy.
They all went out and followed their dreams and many of them have a six figure or larger income doing what they love to do.
I believe the essence of the book, Freedom Tide, is why people in the United States, and all over the world crave freedom. If you understand the foundations your country was build on, then you can understand the direction that it needs to go, rather than the direction it is currently going.
Chapter 01 – Why Am I Here?
- After 9/11 a patriotic wave of unity swept the nation (and many different parts of the world).
- What if we could all make a decision to make more of a difference in the lives of others instead of just rolling thought life?
- At some point we will ask, “Why am I here and what am I supposed to do with my life?
- Our desire to make a difference would lead us to start our own business (This is Free enterprise).
- When I entered the corporate work, my beliefs and dreams were suppressed.
Chapter 02 – Chance or Providence?
- America’s strength is, and always has been, her people.
- Nowadays, it seems that many of us don’t know our own history.
- People assume that they learned all they needed to know in school and very few pick up a book to read the real story.
Chapter 03 – What Did the Founders Say?
- If you are in power, then you get to decide, and the people have to contend with a flexible, man-inspired idea of absolute.
- God who gave us life gave us liberty.
- Billy Graham quote, “If God doesn’t soon punish America, he will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.”
Chapter 04 – What Does The First Amendment Say?
- James Madison, “The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established.”
- The Founding Fathers knew that a country founded with out Godly principles and absolutes would not survive long term.
- William James said, “There is nothing so absurd, but if you repeat it enough people will believe it.”
Chapter 05 – Liberal or Conservative: What do they mean?
- In order to truly make a difference, we first have to decide where we stand on issues.
- If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.
- Today’s liberalism believes that the more government we have, the better. But, as government gets bigger, individuals inevitably lose freedom.
- Small businesses and independent businesses owners drive America ( They drive the economy. Any time you see a recession you will see new businesses develop).
Chapter 06 – Where Are We Now?
- Find a need and fill it.
- Author Gil Bailie, “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Freedom isn’t free. The fight today seems to be largely internal in the hearts and minds of the people.
- No system is perfect, but free enterprise is spreading all over the world.
Chapter 07 – What is the Alternative to Free Enterprise?
- Communism and/or Socialism.
- Marx had it right when he observed that government intervention in the economy would lead to more government intervention.
- Everything the government gives to the people, it must first take from the people.
- The only worthwhile job security is customer security.
- (We need to think) The greatest good for the greatest number (of people).
Chapter 08 – Why Stand Here Idle?
- If it’s to be, it’s up to me.
- If we become complacent, we will lose our precious freedom and go the way of so many other societies.
- I want to inspire people to become more involved and to truly participate in the arena of ideas.
- Doing what it takes to make a difference often means you’ll have to do the opposite of what the crown is doing.
- Just realize that most people will seek the easy way. The ones who make a difference seek the right way.
In the book Freedom Tide, Chad Connelly, goes deep and explores some of the most important historical documents in American history. Hearing about the documents is not enough. Know what is written is important. Knowing what it means is crucial.
We all need to think big picture and take our eyes of ourselves. Their is more to this world than what we are currently doing. Go out and make a difference in the live of other people. This will give you the freedom you crave.
It’s time for us to get involved in our communities. It is time to apply the principles we learnt to make the world a better place for everyone. Don’t wait till the next natural or man-made disaster to help.
Now its your turn to make a difference. Share the solution people are looking for on your favourite social media platform. It’s easy to do and a proven fact your inner circle wants to know what you know.
Leave a comment by telling us what one tip you will take to earn back your freedom.
Check out other articles and don’t forget to tell your inner circle about DiscoverYourLifeToday.com.
Connect with us on Facebook and do not miss new articles. The secret, sign up for email updates.
I recommend anyone interested in history, economics and freedom to pick up Freedom Tide. It is an easy read that provides example of other books and documents to explore. Learn the true nature of the word freedom.