You Can Do Big Things
The Do Big Things conference was held on November 4, 2016 in West Palm Beach.
Being an avid listener of Donald’s podcast, I have applied the information he and his guest give. Because of this I decided to follow Donald C. Kelly to my Twitter account.
Over the last year before the event Donald and I have had numerous Twitter and Skype conversations.
Prior to the Do Big Things event, Donald reached out to me and asked if I could donate any money towards the event Travis and he were holding. I was most certainly happy to do so.
Although I was not able to travel to the event itself, Donald sent to me a video, by email, of the full event.
I believe the Do Big Things event had 7 guest speakers and I’m sure Donald and Travis both said a few words during the event.
Being at any entrepreneurial event has its advantages. You can network with people and build relationships that can help grow your business.
Watching the video, was the next best thing. As I watched the video, I took notes based on what I thought were stand out points from each speaker.
I have provided you with a snap shot of what the speakers talked about. If you have the opportunity and are in the area, next time, you should consider checking out the Do Big Things event next year.
Bio and Notes
Heather has an amazing ability to connect with children. She helps guide children on their journey to happy, fulfilled, and empowered lives. Heather helps children navigate their way through childhood and adolescence.
Heather has a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Psychology and over 10 years’ experience as an elementary school teacher. She is a mother of two and takes pride in her ability to help kids feel comfortable and confident as they transform into responsible, resilient, empowered individuals.
- Heather, feels she can connect with kid in some different ways.
- She spent 5 years teaching before her business idea came to her.
- Heather asks us to reflect on the question, Why now vs. why me?
- She believes every obstacle is an opportunity to ask, what will I learn.
- Heather fought and beat cancer and found the positive in the experience.
- She says, do not complain about things. Most of us spend time in mindless complaining.
- Heather asks you to consider if complaining will help you find a solution.
- Don’t take NO for an answer. Believe in your ability or don’t believe, either way your right.
- Sometimes you have to make up your job, job title and how you will succeed.
- Choose faith over fear. We must believe in an outcome that has not happen yet.
- Your power comes from moving towards what you want.
- Have a message for your life and to yourself.
- Use positive daily self-talk to reprogram your negative mindset to a positive one.
- Celebrate life with people.
- You do not have to be certified to be a life coach.
Bio and Notes
Danny is the Founder & Co-host of the internet video game community knows as Gamertagradio.
After podcasting for 12 years, Danny was inducted to the podcasters Hall of Fame.
Danny is not just a podcaster. He believes in the power of helping people. His primary focus is the people of the Caribbean.
- Danny’s uncle influenced him to record videos.
- His grandmother bought him his first video game console.
- Danny reminds us to have a vision regardless of if we know where you are going.
- It is important to network and get your name other there.
- When you show up to events, you never know what will happen.
- See people and treat them as if they are part of your community.
- Get people excited to be around you.
- It is important to get sponsors for live events.
- Do not give up on your vision.
- Find a team of great people to work with.
- Go to events where you can connect with people who are like you and different than you.
- Find ways to cross promote your business through people.
- You can help people succeed.
- You can lead with action. People follow action not talk.
Linkedin: Mace Horoff
Bio and Notes
Mace is an author, speaker and teaches people how to sell products and services in the medical industry. Mace has over 20 years’ experience and is one of the best in his industry.
- Share personal stories as they impact the people listening.
- Remember that sales is a competitive sport.
- When you hold on to stuff, you only hold yourself back.
- People make us happy not material goods.
- What you do you want to do with your life?
- Take action, experience it and then you know where you need to grow.
- To learn to sell, go door to door and get talking, no matter the product or service.
- Speak and write about what you know best.
- Know what is happening in your niche and competitive market.
- Don’t get overly confident in your ability.
- Find the best people in the area you want to get into and then study them.
- Think big not small.
- Let people know you are out there. Sell yourself to people.
Alexa Rose Carlin
Bio and Notes
Alexa is a full-time speaker and motivator. She empowers women to make a difference by looking for ways to do big things. She is a published author and speaks, who speaks from the stage with passion and looks to impact others.
Alexa started her business with 5 people attending her conference. Two years later she grew it to over 2400 people in attendance.
- Alexa says to be unrealistic with your dreams and goals.
- Build a strong following on social media.
- Create your own social meet up groups.
- Be different and authentic.
- Quote by Alexa Rose Carlin: “You must not wait for your life to change, you must change your own life.”
- Go after your dreams and don’t worry about what your competition is doing.
- Quote by Alexa Rose Carlin: “Let us never dream in fear but let us never fear to dream.”
- Find an agent who can book speaking gigs for you, if possible.
- Start public speaking career by joining Toastmasters.
Linda H. Yates
Linkedin: Linda H. Yates
Bio and Notes
Linda is Donald C. Kelly’s speaking coach. She is a successful at coaching, speaking and has helped brands such as Microsoft, Wells Fargo and Honeywell.
Linda began to learn about the importance of dressing well at the age of 13. This is one of the reasons Linda published her book; Beyond the Clothes, Image and Presence.
- Linda want to remind us that nothing is impossible.
- Focus on your strengths.
- Think about what is possibilities based on what your strengths are.
- Do you know your goals based on your dreams?
- How confident are you?
- Make sure you are always looking for ways to network with others.
- Get some business cards and hand them out to people you can connect with.
- Did you know that 90% of the people who dress well, also feel confident?
- Did you know that only 2% of the population believe they are beautiful?
- Dress for the environment you are going to be presenting in, but dress one step up from it.
- People always perform to the level they dress.
- Do one thing, every day, which scares you. What is your one thing?
- What positive and negative words are you using? And why?
- Did you know a dress jacket can give you up to 50% more authority?
Bio and Notes
If I recall, Donald C. Kelly got started on podcasting after a conversation with his buddy, Jared Easley. Now look at the business opportunities they are creating together.
Jared is the co-host of Podcast Movement which is the largest podcasting event in the industry.
- You must be faithful and flexible to become fruitful.
- Ask yourself, what problems do I need to overcome to be a success in my life?
- Chinese’s Proverb: “Bloom where you are planted”
- Learn how to be the best at everything you do.
- If you are not happy at work, then ask yourself, what is my side hustle going to be?
- You need to be flexible when challenges come up.
- Quote by Steve Martin: “Be so good they can’t ignore you”
- Make sure you are always planting seeds. The harvest of the fruit will come.
Bio and Notes
Alex is very entrepreneurial and has 3 podcasts. He is currently a regular writer at the Huffington Post and Entrepreneur magazines.
Alex works with individuals and coaches them towards success.
- Ask yourself, who do I blame for not being a success?
- Ask yourself, what lies do I tell yourself and why?
- It is important to ask people for help.
- Start a mastermind with 5 people and branch off.
- Get people to say they believe in you, that they will support you and that they love you. Go out and tell others the same thing.
- What can I give back to society even thought I am scared to do it?
- What can I delegate and let others help me with so I can create more time to do the things I’d rather do.
This article is just a snap shot of what the speakers talked about at the, Do Big Things event.
Each speaker brought something different to the stage. Each speaker had a unique story that someone reading this or attending the conference, could connect with.
Pleaser share this article on your favorite social media. Give a shout out to Donald C. Kelly, on his twitter, for having the courage to go out create this event.
Connect on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up to the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Don’t just imagine you can do big things. Go out and do those big things. Bookmark this page and every 30 days, come back and reread the article. Continue to find new ways to apply the information.