Do you live in Canada and you want to do business in China? Here is what you need to know before you contact the Canada China Business Council.
There are free events administered by the Canada China Business Council (CCBC).
This event seemed it would be beneficial and I could learn about doing business with different companies in different countries.
China being a country with over one billion people has lots of possible investors that may want to look to our business as an option.
Attending the event made it clear that our online business is not what they had in mind. These Chinese companies are looking to partner up with companies who have new ideas where they can invest millions of dollars.
There were four speakers that spoke over the two hours event and here are some of the concepts they talked about and explored.
- The Calgary Economical Development has partnered up with the Canada China Business Council
- They are looking to help business owners develop a global business brand
- They are looking to partner up with high growth industries
- With there office set up they can provide space for international companies to set up very easy
- The group is looking to build communities in businesses
- Calgary Economical Development is always looking for opportunities to partner up with Canadian and Chinese companies
- Yvonne is from the Canada China Business Council
- She helps develop the relationships between Canadian and Chinese companies
- In 2015, China was placed 96th for how easy they were do to business with. In 2016 they were 78th place
- Chinese and Canadian relations were first started in the 1970’s by Pierre-Elliot Trudeau
- CCBC is able to provide cutting edge software so companies can do business cross boarder
- CCBC can help local Canadian business design the perfect business plan/pitch so they can communicate effectively across cultural diversity
- Canada China Business Council can help you companies find permanent office space.
Kevin Wong – Lawyer
- Kevin is found at Stonecraker.com
- The team of lawyers here help companies take advantage of R&D Tax Credits (SR & ED – Scientific Research & Experimental Development)
- They help companies get back money they have been putting in to R&D. Up to 6o% of their investment.
- They bring together Chinese companies who want to invest in Canadian Companies
4 Ways To Do R&D
- Build vs. Buy
- Buy from SME and Outsource
- Chinese companies buy Canadian companies
- Chinese companies invest in Canadian companies
- Karen talked about here experience on running a business in China
- X Culture Consulting is the company Karen represents
- Karen found a niche market while in China, Ex-Pats
- She would offer support to people who were new to China
The event was great based on not knowing what experience was in store. I had the opportunity to meet some business owners. There was also an opportunity to meet local business owners, like me, who were looking to meet local business owners.
They did not seem interested in business with China but were handing out their cards to drum up some business. Good idea in a slow economy.
Would I go again? Probably not unless the topic was different. They did have our current Prime Minster talk at their events. If I the chance to go to an event where Justin Trudeau spoke I would attend.
Now its your turn to make a difference. Share this story with people on your favourite social media platform. It’s easy to do and a proven fact your inner circle wants to know what you know.
Leave a comment by telling us if you have been to a network marketing event where you could do business with other countries.
Check out other articles and don’t forget to tell your inner circle about DiscoverYourLifeToday.com.
Connect with us on Facebook and do not miss new articles. The secret, sign up for email updates.