Canada China Business Council
Do you aspire to do business with one of the largest business markets in the world?
Are you currently living in Canada and you want to do business in China? Here is what you need to know before you contact the Canada China Business Council (CCBC).
If you do not live in Canada, I am sure you can find the equivalent to the CCBC in your country. They will educate you on what you need to know before you start doing business with China.
Myself I found out about CCBC by going to the Eventbrite website. I thought the event sounded good and best of all it was free to attend.
The Canada China Business Council event seemed to me that it could be beneficial. I could learn how to do business with different companies in China.
China has over one billion people. This mean there are possibilities that an investor may want to look at what I am doing, here in Canada, and invest in me, as a business.
After attending the event made it became clear that my online business is not who the event was targeting. Chinese companies are looking to partner up with companies who have new ideas and are looking invest upwards of millions of dollars.
They are looking for technology companies and companies in the science industry.
Although the event was not going to help me make money with foreign investors, I still learnt some good tips.
There were four speakers that spoke over the two-hour event. I will share with you the notes I took so you can understand the concepts they talked about and explore them if you wish.
- The Calgary Economical Development (CED) has partnered up with the Canada China Business Council. Click the link to find out more about how they work together.
- CED is looking to help business owners develop a global business brand.
- They are looking to partner up with high growth industries such as technology companies.
- With offices set up in Canada, they can provide space for international companies to come over and start business here in Canada in a short period of time.
- The group is looking to build communities in business.
- Calgary Economical Development is looking for opportunities to partner up with Canadian and Chinese companies. The relationships usually last for along time.
- Yvonne is from the Canadian China Business Council.
- She helps develop the relationships between Canadian and Chinese companies.
- In 2015, China was 96th for how easy they are to do to business with. In 2016, they were in 78th. A great improvement.
- Did you know Chinese and Canadian relations were first started in the 1970’s by former Prime Minister Pierre-Elliot Trudeau?
- CCBC can provide cutting edge software to companies who want to do business across the border.
- CCBC will help Canadian business design the perfect business plan/pitch so they can communicate effectively across cultural diversity.
- Canada China Business Council can help your companies find permanent office space.
Kevin Wong – Lawyer
- Kevin can be found at Stonecraker.com
- The team of lawyers help companies take advantage of R&D Tax Credits (SR & ED – Scientific Research & Experimental Development) that are available.
- Kevin’s team can help companies get back up to 6o% of their investment that has been invested in R&D.
- They bring together Chinese’s business men and women who want to invest in Canadian Companies.
4 Ways To Do R&D
- Build vs. Buy
- Buy from SME and Outsource
- Chinese companies buy Canadian companies
- Chinese companies invest in Canadian companies
- Karen talked about here experience on running a business in China.
- X Culture Consulting is the company Karen represents.
- Karen found a niche market while in China. She found ways to do business with Ex-Pats.
- She would offer support to people who were new to China.
The event was great based on not knowing what experience was in store. I had the opportunity to meet foreign business owners as well as local business owners.
The local business owners did not seem interested in business with China but were handing out their cards to drum up some business for their Alberta based business.
Good idea in a slow economy where oil is between $40 and $50.
Would I go again? Probably not unless the topic was different.
The CCBC, did have our current Prime Minster talk at a live event. If I the chance to go to that live event, where Justin Trudeau spoke, I would attend.
Are you planning to do business with China? If you live in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal I suggest you go to an event to find out more.
Don’t forget to tell others about the possibilities of doing business overseas.
Leave a comment below and check out other articles on Discover Your Life Today.
Connect with us on Facebook and never miss out on new articles. The secret is to sign up for the email list. You can do this at the bottom of this post.
Want more information on, Doing Business in China? Go to our resource page which has links to Amazon. Here you can purchase book and other items.
Each item purchased from Amazon allow us to build and grow DYLT. Thank you for your continued support.